Ingredients (Makes around 70 cookies)
227g unsalted butter (softened, remove from fridge and cut into large cubes 20 minutes before using)
170g fine grained sugar
62g egg (1 very large egg or 1.25 small egg)
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
227g self-raising flour (or 227g plain flour + 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1.75 teaspoon baking powder)
2. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat for another minute.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the flours together.
4. Add flour to butter-egg mixture and fold in until incorporated. (Do not use mixer to beat it in)
5. Shape into balls and roll in crushed cornflakes
6. Bake in pre-heated oven 190C (Top-bottom mode) or if baking 2 trays at 1 time, use 170C (Top-Bottom Fan mode), for 14 minutes. Turn the pan around at 7 min (half way mark) to ensure even baking.
7. Remove from oven when top is browned and still slightly soft to the touch. It will become crispy when it cools.
8. Store immediately in air-tight containers once cookies have cooled.